Sketch of Twilight Lunar-Planetary Conjunction – AUG 13, 2010
Move mouse over sketch above to view labels.
Click image for larger version.
Digital conjunction sketch by Carlos Hernandez included in the column
Waning Crescent Moon, Venus and Jupiter on April 22, 2009 (09:30 U.T.)
||Twilight Planetary Conjunction
||December 2010 Astronomy Now
||Pastel and charcoal on black paper
||Using color pastel and charcoal on black stock to capture a twilight lunar-planetary conjunction.
|Suggested Sketching Materials:
- Black card stock
- Soft pastel sticks in a selection of twilight colors
- White and colored pastel pencils in a selection of typical star colors
- Charcoal pencil
- White, fine point marker
- Plastic circle template
- Blending stump and artist’s chamois or tissue paper
- Sanding block
- White vinyl eraser
- Sheet of blank copy paper (for resting your hand and protecting the pastel surface)
- Acid free artist masking tape
- Spray fixative
- Clipboard and observing light